"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 2012 Wrap-Up R.A.K. and Books-Read Post!

The month of May was quite a busy one for me! I had a hard time trying to choose one book to concentrate on... I would continually pick up books and read a chapter or two and then pick up another, just to get a feel for it. I have too many options to choose from, lol! 
Overall, it was a good month :) 

Awesome R.A.K.'s from some wonderful bloggers!!!

- From Montana of The Book Belles, Clarity by Kim Harrington
- From Natalie of Mindful Musings, Deadly Cool (eBook) by Gemma Halliday
- From Barbara of Basia's Bookshelf, Kill Me Softly (eBook) by Sarah Cross
- From Emily of Doodle's Book Blog, Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Thank you all SO very much! 
You guys truly made my month so extra special :)

Here's what I sent...
- To Natalie, Storm by Brigid Kemmerer
- To Laura, Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein

And a BIG thank you to Book Soulmates for hosting!!!
Be sure to check out Book Soulmates Blog for more deets to participating in their monthly R.A.K.


And a quick wrap up of the books that I read/reviewed this month:
- ReVamped by Ada Adams (review)
- The Enchanted Attic: Facing the Hunchback of Notre Dame (review)
- Enchanted by Alethea Konits (review)
- The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty (review)
- Dragonbreath #1 by Ursula Vernon
- Daimon, The Prequel to Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout (review to be posted Saturday)
- Someone Else, Somewhere Else (short story) by Jenelle Jack Pierre (review)
- Hound Dog True by Linda Urban (review)
- Brownies and Broomsticks by Bailey Cates (review scheduled for 6/10th)
- Can I Get An Amen? by Sarah Healy (review scheduled for 6/11th)
- Blue Sky Days by Marie Landry (review)
- What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn (review scheduled for 6/4th)
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson (re-read)
- The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging the Queen by Andrea Cefalo (review)
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo (review scheduled for 6/5th))

And I started to read these books and plan on finishing them in June! (Sometimes I just can't decided what to read, lol):
- Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions by numerous authors
- The Taker by Alma Katsu
- Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz
- Belles by Jen Calonita

I really can't complain, it was a good month all around :)
How was yours??? 

1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about Before I Fall. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams