"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Beehive Book News #5: The one with a few adult books, eek!

Happy Memorial Day Weekend to all of our local U.S. friends :) 
We're having a wonderful time relaxing and hanging out with our family! 
Managed to squeeze in a quick vlog today with my boys, we hope you enjoy it! 



Here's a quick summary... 

On the blog last week:
- Giveaway of Wander Dust by Michelle Warren, enter here!
- Waiting On Wednesday: Two and Twenty Dark Tales - Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Tales
- My review of Hound Dog True by Linda Urban
- My review of Blue Sky Days by Marie Landry

Books We got
The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova (YA)
- Fated by Alyson Noel (YA)
- Whisper by Alyson Noel (YA)
- The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter (YA)
- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter (YA)
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood (YA)
Dark Shadows: The Salem Branch by Lara Parker (Adult)
The Taker by Alma Katsu (Adult)
- Big Nate: On a Roll by Lincoln Peirce (MG)
- Dinosaur Pet by Neil Sedaka (Children)

Thank you to....
- Amanda of Book Love 101 for the Goddess Interrupted Giveaway :)

Mentions:
- Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program (for grades 1-6)

What to look forward to on the blog next week:
- Possible reviews: Obsidian, Can I Get An Amen?, What a Boy Wants... and maybe The Fairytale Keeper: Avenging the Queen (I'm still reading it, hee hee!)
- Waiting On Wenesday :)
- The Secret Garden Read-a-long with Book Journey... and more bumble-y stuffs!

As always, thank you so much for stopping by! 
Happy reading :) 

17 comments:

  1. Yay Adult Fiction!
    Whoaaaa The Taker sounds goooood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Goddess Test series!! :) Book 3 isn't out until April 2013 (boo!) but there's a novella collection coming out this year!

    Hope you enjoy everything! Happy reading! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be interested to see what you think of The Vicious Deep. It didn't quite do it for me, but I hope you enjoy it! :) Also, the boys are adorable. ;) Great vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww your kids are adorable! And great haul this week. I've been meaning to read the Goddess Test for ever!! Born Wicked is also still unread and it sounds so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your vlog posts - they always make me smile - and your boys are so super cute! (PS. Also love your haircut.) I read The Goddess Test and loved it. Need to read the second one. Hope you are having a great weekend so far! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished Born Wicked and I loved it. It seems to have a mixed reception! I need to get a copy of The Taker! Enjoy them all:)

    PS. The kids are absolutely adorable "helpers"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kids are adorable! And you got a lot of great books this week! I just got Goddess Interrupted in the mail this week as well, but I need to read the first one still.

    Hope you enjoy all of your books! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great books this week!!! Your little guys are so cute ;-)
    I hope you enjoy all of your awesomeness!!

    Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, I hope you enjoy your new reads! Can't wait to see what you think of Fated--I'm reading it now, but it's going slow, so I don't know about it.

    your little ones are so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice book haul! I enjoyed The Goddess Test. I've heard Born Wicked is great. Hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all those great books!! Your kids are so cute. I really loved Born Wicked, The Goddess Test, and Goddess Interrupted. I am reading The Goddess Legacy right now. I can't wait to see your review for Obsidian if it goes up next week! go #TeamAlienHotness I have What a Boy Wants and I really want to read it, but I still haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. AWESOME books this week!! I hope you like The Vicious Deep!! I really enjoyed it :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by and have a great memorial day!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl you are rock'n the books this week! You are going to love The Goddess Test, Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter and Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood!!

    Sounds like you are going to have some wonderful reading! Happy Memorial Day to you and your sweet family!

    Hugs,
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahah sorry. that was me who deleted my comment. I put the wrong book title. FAIL.

    Ahh The Vicious Deep. So good! Love merpeople books. YOu're going to love Monstrous Beauty if you haven't already read that one :D Thanks for dropping by!

    ------
    Giselle from booknerd.ca
    Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen to Obsidian!!! :)

    I enjoyed The Goddess Test. I almost bought Goddess Interrupted over the weekend, but I held off. I have a feeling it will be in my possession soon, though. hehehe

    Great haul this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome week you had. I really want to read Born Wicked. Every time I see that cover, it just calls to me. LOL Hope you love it.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams