"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A Bumble-y "Book Chat": 5 Desert Island Books

Hello!!!
"Book Chat" is a monthly meme hosted by Misty of The Book Rat


This month, Misty is asking us which FIVE books we would take with us to a desert island!
and their are 5 different categories too! Here are those categories along with my book picks :) 

1) Book I love and would re-read: Grimm's Fairy Tales and Twilight by Stephenie Meyer 

2) Book I've never read but really want to! 

3) My childhood favorite: Charlotte's Web by E.B. White 

4) Favorite Series: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling 
or 
Book I have never read but has been continuously recommended: 
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle 

5) and my freebie choice: The Complete Works of Lewis Carroll 

Which books would you pack up???

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Happy reading :)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome list.

    Your copy of Grimm's is gorgeous and talk about something great to keep a gal busy.

    I too need to read Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the theme for this month's! WOW! I actually have never read Harry Potter. lol ANd for months I've been sayin I want a book of all the classic fairy tales in it, NOT the disney version. All in ONE book! I googled it yesterday and came up empty. I'm thinking it just doesn't exist. So I will for sure have to get Grimm's and Carrol's books. BTW LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover on both of those! Totally gorgeous!!! I will be searching frantically for a copy of my own! hehe And great choices this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harold and the Purple Crayon!! I don't know if I read the sequels but I definitely read the original when I was little :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! You MUST read Anna and Lola soon! So goooood! I want to re-read them soon for the very reason you've posted about - great summery reads. I could spend all day (getting burned) reading them at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OME, I am SO glad you've started vlogging! You are freaking ADORABLE. I felt like I was finally meeting you... I wanted to reach through the computer and hug you (maybe Skype will figure that out one day? LOL). Keep 'em coming! And I know you've heard it before, but you gotta read A Wrinkle in Time! It's sooooo good. I might have to dust off the 'ole blog and play along with this one! Have a good weekend & happy mommy's day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was beginning to feel like the only person to have not read Anna & Lola! So I'm not the only one yay! The complete Grimms fairytales would be an amazing collection to have with you. Loved your choices :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams