"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson



"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by 

This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we're waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night ;) 


The minute I saw this title, my heart just started to pitter-patter and I couldn't breathe :)  

by Jodi Lynn Anderson 


"15 year old Tiger Lily, proud and fierce, wild and misunderstood, doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland, and immediately falls under his spell. Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, big-hearted but hard to reach, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything - her family, her future - to be with the haunted, hunted, courageous boy who loves her. When - as a punishment for her rebellious ways - she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter. With enemies threatening to tear them apart, the lovers seem doomed. But it's the arrival of Wendy Darling, an English girl who's everything Tiger Lily is not, that leads Tiger Lily to discover that the most dangerous enemies can live inside even the most loyal and loving heart." 


A Peter Pan re-telling from Tiger Lily's point of view -
we finally get to see her side of the story!!! 

You don't understand how much I adore Peter Pan, the Lost Boys, Neverland,
and even Tinkerbell and Wendy-bird! and let's not forget Hook and his crew ;) 
I have never seen any other story, re-telling, point of view that has ever given Tiger Lily the time of day! I am trying not to set my expectations too high, just in case, but I cannot help it! This should be an amazing read... Thank you, Jodi Lynn Anderson!!! 

I cannot wait to read this book!!! 

What's your W.O.W. this week??? 
Please share in the comments below or leave a link, whatever, just share :) 

9 comments:

  1. awww! Tiger Lily is slowing growing on me; excited for it now! Love the cover, and am finally liking the premise. I didn't like it at first, but now... I can't wait to read Tiger Lily. Great pick! :)

    Come check out my WOW?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally! A Peter Pan Retelling!! I'm so happy this one is coming out. Great choice!! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Tiger Lily cover! And the plot sounds fascinating!

    Happy Wednesday :)

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice cover and choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. didn't see the girl at first but now i do

    gr8 wow

    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2nd time I've seen this one as a WoW today...guess its a sign that I should probably read it when it comes out; lol great pick; My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard about this - but the cover is gorgeous! I'll have to check it out when it's released!!

    New Follower :)
    clairelouisereads.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really can't wait to read this either! I love everything to do with Peter Pan and this sounds like such a sweet story. Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams