"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, February 7, 2015

Have You Seen This???


The wonderful ladies, Andi (Andi's ABCs) and Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide) have come up with a brilliant way to share and help our book obsessions and collections!!! 
HAVE YOU SEEN THIS is a new feature for those of us searching hard-to-find editions of books, primarily older copies of ARCs, early editions, etc...

Hosts: Andi (Andi's ABCs) and Brittany (The Book Addict's Guide)

Out of all of the ARCs I am looking for, originally, I only needed 5 more to complete all three of my pictures... unfortunately, in my last move, these ARCs were lost :(
I had packed all my ARCs into separate boxes, along with their paperbacks. I was very particular in packing my books, lol! However, 2 boxes went missing. And these ARCs/paperbacks were in those boxes... *sobs*

Recently, I've tried a few times to do booktrades through other sites for some of these, however, the other parties never complied. I'm not saying I'll never use these sites again, especially since I've been so successful with countless booktrades in the last 2 years. I'm just a bit leary now to do so with people I don't know, especially with people who don't have some reputable online bookish presence... and, I haven't been comfortable enough to just tweet about. I'm really happy that Andi and Brittany have given me the opportunity to just ask and see what happens :) 

For now, I'm specifically looking for ARCs for all of Kristin Cashore, Lauren Oliver and Maggie Stiefvater's books. I know that trying to find Graceling, Before I Fall and The Scorpio Races are going to be difficult - they were hard to find the first time, lol! But I'm keeping my fingers cross... I also hope to gain all of these in their paperbacks, international covers and spanish copies too... eventually, someday :) One day at a time ;)


 - GRACELING (ARC)
- FIRE (ARC)
- BITTERBLUE (ARC)


- BEFORE I FALL (ARC)
- DELIRIUM (ARC) 
- PANDEMONIUM (ARC)
- REQUIEM (ARC)
- LIESL & PO (ARC) 
- SPINDLERS (ARC) 
- PANIC (ARC)
- ROOMS (ARC)
- THE VANISHING GIRLS (ARC)

- LAMENT (ARC) and BALLAD (ARC) <- Do these exist?
LAMENT and BALLAD Hardcovers <- Do these exist?
- SHIVER (ARC) 
- LINGER (ARC)
- FOREVER (ARC)
- SINNER (ARC)
- THE SCORPIO RACES (ARC)
- THE RAVEN BOYS (ARC)
- THE DREAM THIEVES (ARC) 
- BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE (ARC)
- PIP BARTLETT'S GUIDE TO MAGICAL CREATURES (ARC)



If you have any of these and you are willing to let it go, please contact me... (thebumblegirl@rocketmail.com)
I'll be more than happy to work something out with you!!!


Thank you to Andi and Brittany for putting this together!!!
And thank you to all of you who take the time to peek at my list and help me find my long lost loves!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams