"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, November 29, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #77: November 2014 Book Haul (Part 2) and Comic Book Haul #1


Hello my wonderful and amazing bookish friends!
Seriously, you guys are the bestest!!!

First, a very big and belated Happy Thanksgiving to all of my U.S. friends!
Hope you had a wonderful holiday with family, friends and good food :)


Temperatures have dropped drastically, winter has decided to come early and even though I'm a huge fan of winter, I am completely unprepared and have been freezing my butt off, lol!...
funny thing is - temperatures began to drop as I was reading SNOW LIKE ASHES by Sara Raasch, and when I finished reading it earlier last week - let's just say that the Winterians would have been pleased that I was freezing my butt off, lol! The perfect book for this time of the year! I will be reviewing it soon, but know for now - I'm giving it a 5-BEE rating :) I highly recommend it!!!

Also, very recently, I have discovered my love for comic books again! 
I have read a few graphic novels in the last few months, and I have been itching to get back into comic book series and have decided to embrace my inner nerdgirl and finally got myself to my local comic book store! To say that the guys at the store were a bit shocked to see me strut in is an understatement, lol! But, they kept their chuckles to a minimum and were very helpful for everything that I am currently looking for. I have quite a list, and in their words:
"Please don't be offended, but for a girl, you are going to keep us quite busy!"
Mind you, all of the stores workers are over the age of 50 (except for one, lol!) and were quite happy to see a girl come in, knowing "her stuff" and are more than eagerly to help me find what I'm looking to read :) I'm really excited to start sharing my comic book love, pull lists, tradebacks, etc. with my boys and all of you!!! 

For now, here's my official haul for November :)
It's unexpectedly quite large, and I am very grateful and thankful for my lovely books!

(Please note, that the majority of my haul is Young Adult. Otherwise, books that aren't will be noted with either (A) for Adult, (NA) for New Adult, (MG) for Middle Grade, and (C) for Childrens books.)



*What I received for review...
From Harper Teen:
- TWISTED FATE (ARC) by Norah Olson
- PLAYLIST FOR THE DEAD (ARC) by Michelle Falkoff
- GEEK GIRL: Model Misfit (Geek Girl #2) (ARC) by Holly Smale
- MY HEART AND OTHER BLACK HOLES (ARC) by Jasmine Warga
- A WICKED THING (ARC) by Rhiannon Thomas
- SHERLOCK HOLMES IN A STUDY IN SCARLET (Sherlock Holmes #1) (ARC) by Sir. Arthur Conan Doyle, Illustrated by Gris Grimly

From The Novl/Little Brown:
- LOVE, LUCY (ARC) by April Lindner

From Macmillan:
- TUCK EVERLASTING (PB) by Natalie Babbitt
- BO AT BALLARD CREEK (PB) by Kirkpatrick Hill (MG)
- BO AT IDITAROD CREEK (HB) by Kirkpatrick Hill (MG)

From Author:
- FRAGILE REIGN (Mortal Enchantment #3) (PB) by Stacey O'Neale

From Merry Makers: 
- LADYBUG GIRL Doll


*What I received in book giveaways/trades/swaps...
- DEAREST (Woodcutter Sisters #3) (ARC) by Alethea Kontis from HMH
THE STEPSISTER'S TALE (HB) by Tracy Barrett from a swap
- GEEK GIRL (UK PB) by Holly Smale from my #OTSPSecretSister Daphne of

From my #OTSPSecretSister Daphne :)
*What I purchased from Book Outlet...
DELIRIUM STORIES (PB) by Lauren Oliver
WAIT FOR YOU (PB) by J. Lynn (NA)
THE INTERESTINGS (HB) by Meg Wolitzer (A)

*Comic book haul...


Marvel Comics: 
- THOR #1 and THOR #2 by Jason Aaron, Illustrated by Russell Dauterman
- MS. MARVEL Volume 1 (Issues #1-6) by G. Willow Wilson, Illustrated by Adrian Alphona
- MS. MARVEL #6: Healing Factor by G. Willow Wilson, Illustrated by Jacob Wyatt
- MS. MARVEL #7: Healing Factor Part II by G. Willow Wilson, Illustrated by Jacob Wyatt
- MS. MARVEL #8: Generation Why by G. Willow Wilson, Illustrated by Adrian Alphona
- MARY JANE #1: The Real Thing, MARY JANE #2: The Loyalty Thing, MARY JANE #3: The Money Thing and MARY JANE #4: The Trust Thing by Sean McKeever, Illustrated by Takeshi Miyazawa
DC Comics: 
- BATGIRL #35 and BATGIRL #36 by Cameron Stewart, Illustrated by Brenden Fletcher and Babs Tarr


Thank you SO much for stopping by today!!!

Please let me know if there is anything you would like to see either here on the blog 
or on my booktube channel :) 

Don't forget to leave a comment with your link so I can visit you too, please!!!
xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Oh man, you and my little boy would get along well. He adores comics! Lucky for him, my husband was quite a collector growing up so he's got quite a bit of comics to read. :) Anyway, this is quite an impressive haul! Enjoy everything, Margie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul. I adored Geek Girl. It was really funny and fun. Enjoy! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a haul. Comic books are an amazing way for kids to get into reading. Plus they are a lot of fun to read. Hope you enjoy all your new books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome haul. I have been reading the Delirium series and so far so good. Hope you enjoy.

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've got one amazing haul. You've got so many books on here that I am desperate to read myself, they look so good. I hope you enjoy them all :) Here's my STS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! OMG... I totally blame Snow Like Ashes for the cold weather, too! I read it last week and BAM...winter. I also read Black Ice, so that secured it. Oh, well. It was worth it. I hope you enjoy your books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, so many awesome books!! It was getting cold here for a while as well, and then I woke up today, and it was in the high 70s. Maybe I'll need to start reading Snow Like Ashes to make it get colder here, haha.

    Also, i think it's super awesome that you've gotten back into comic books! I haven't tried many out- just graphic novels- so maybe it's time to try some.

    Book wise, though, I'm really interested to see what you think of Playlist of the Dead. I read it, and it wasn't my favorite, but I'm not sure if it's just me. I can't believe you got Tuck Everlasting!! I read that SO many years ago as a kid, and actually really liked it, so I hope you do as well! It's a great read. I haven't heard of My Heart and Other Black Holes before, but it sounds like such a wonderful read, so it's totally going on my list.

    Lovely haul, Margie! I hope you enjoy everything, and happy belated Thanksgiving to you as well!! <3

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! What a great haul...Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I'm super interested in a bunch of these! Enjoy! http://booklovingnut.blogspot.com/2014/12/a-very-late-stacking-shelves-21.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams