"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #70: ROOMS by Lauren Oliver (Adult)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 


This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)

What I'm waiting on... 

ROOMS
by Lauren Oliver
Expected release date: September 23rd, 2014
Published by: Ecco (HarperCollins)
Genre: Adult - Contemporary Paranormal
Format: Hardcover, eBook

SUMMARY

A novel narrated by two ghosts that inhabit the walls of an old house. 

Lauren Oliver makes her adult debut with this mesmerizing story in a tale of family, ghosts, secrets, and mystery, in which the lives of the living and the dead intersect in shocking, surprising, and moving ways.

Wealthy Richard Walker has just died, leaving behind his country house full of rooms packed with the detritus of a lifetime. His estranged family—bitter ex-wife Caroline, troubled teenage son Trenton, and unforgiving daughter Minna—have arrived for their inheritance.

But the Walkers are not alone. Prim Alice and the cynical Sandra, long dead former residents bound to the house, linger within its claustrophobic walls. Jostling for space, memory, and supremacy, they observe the family, trading barbs and reminiscences about their past lives. Though their voices cannot be heard, Alice and Sandra speak through the house itself—in the hiss of the radiator, a creak in the stairs, the dimming of a light bulb.

The living and dead are each haunted by painful truths that will soon surface with explosive force. When a new ghost appears, and Trenton begins to communicate with her, the spirit and human worlds collide—with cataclysmic results.


Why I'm waiting for ROOMS...

It's LAUREN OLIVER!!!

I have read all of her already released books!
I am really looking forward to her new young adult book, PANIC...
Her middle grade books were mystical!
And don't even get me started on how much I loved the Delirium trilogy...
I am so very happy to see her adult debut releasing this fall!
It sounds amazing! And its been so long since I have read a good adult book; let alone a paranormal one with GHOSTS!!! Cannot wait to read this!!!

She will always be one of those authors were I will pick up her book, just because...


SO, what are you waiting for??? 

8 comments:

  1. This seems really interesting. Two ghosts POV? Never read anything like that before. Lauren's going to have a busy year :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lauren Oliver! This sounds really intriguing, and I think I'll check it out when it releases.
    Great pick :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I love Lauren Oliver and I love a good ghost story! I'm so looking forward to this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had trouble reading her book Panic, but this one sounds really cool. And it's coming out close to Halloween, yay ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this one but it sounds really good, love the idea of two ghosts as the narrator's and will definitely be putting this one on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard lots of great things about Lauren Oliver.....looks good! If you'd like please stop by and see my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent heard of this one. Great pick!

    This is our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. My. Gosh!! This sounds so amazing and I'm adding it to my TBR pile RIGHT NOW!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams