"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #71: THE WINNER'S CURSE by Marie Rutkoski (YA)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 




This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)

What I'm waiting on... 


(The Winner's Trilogy #1)
by Marie Rutkoski
Expected release date: March 4th, 2014
Published by: Farrar Straus Giroux (Macmillan)
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Format: Hardcover, eBook

SUMMARY

Winning what you want may cost you everything you love 

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions. 

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin. 

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined. 


Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.


Why I'm waiting for THE WINNER'S CURSE...

It just sounds like a wonderful read!
I don't read enough fantasy books, that's because I am very very very picky of my selections.
And this one has already won me over - cover and all!

My expectations are high! Can't wait to see what it's all about!!!

SO, what are you waiting for???

5 comments:

  1. This was my WoW last week and I'm so so excited to read it! There's a lot of hype but I'm sure the book lives up to it.
    Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU NEED THIS BOOK. I'd say pre-order it. I reviewed it this week (see here, if you'd like). It is SO GOOD.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I cannot wait for this book! We are sharing some teasers :)

    This is our WOW of this week.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! I have an ARC for this one that I'm starting soon, and I'm really excited about it. I love the premise, and the cover is gorgeous.

    Great pick :)
    Chelsea @ Books Turn Brains

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! I have been seeing this book all over the place this week and I am super excited too! I just want to pre-fangirl about it all too!

    My WoW Post

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams