"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, September 27, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #72 (September Book Haul Part 2)


The last two weeks have been exhausting! And unfortunately, I had to pull away from blogging, reviewing and social media in order to catch up on fall prep and sleeping! Because of this, I have become addicted to pre-posts for Book Releases, Cover Reveals, Excerpts and more, lol! I love these kinds of posts, especially cover reveals, and I haven't been able to help myself... but because of my lack of energy and overabundance of what some bloggers call "fluff posts", I am now behind in my reviews. I have about 18 reviews sitting in drafts... anyone care to proofread them for me??? :) 

(Luckily, I had some time while uploading my book haul and have 8 reviews ready to go next week!) 
Woo hoo!!!


Here's my book haul!!!



What I received for review...
- BELZHAR (ARC) by Meg Wolitzer (YA) from Penguin
- NOT IN THE SCRIPT (If Only #3) (ARC) by Amy Finnegan (MG) from Bloomsbury for Book Nerd Tours
- RAIN REIGN (ARC) by Ann M. Martin (MG) from MacKids/Macmillan
- THE MEGASAURUS (HB) by Thomas Weck and Peter Weck, Illustrated by Len DiSalvo (C) from Lima Bear Press

What I purchased...
- CRESS (The Lunar Chronicles #3) (HB) by Marissa Meyer (YA)
- BEST OF ME (mass PB) by Nicholas Sparks (A)
- LOLA AND THE BOY NEXT DOOR (PB) by Stephanie Perkins (YA)
- BETWEEN THE DEVIL AND THE DEEP BLUE SEA (HB) by April Genevieve Tucholke (YA)
- NIGHTMARES! (HB) by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller, Illustrated by Karl Kwasny (MG)
- THE WINNER'S CURSE (The Winner's Trilogy #1) (HB) by Marie Rutkoski (YA)
- WHO IS AC? (HB) by Hope Larson, Illustrated by Tintin Pantoja (YA Graphic Novel)
- HOW ROCKET LEARNED TO READ (HB) by Tad Hills (C)
- WISH UPON A DREAM (HB) by Margaret Wise Brown, Illustrated by Charlotte Cook (C)

What's distracting me from reading...

Cousin love :)
 
 My big boys no longer want to amuse me :( 

My Dad was a Swanson Award nominee!
The only nominee in NYS! And he came in 5th place nationwide :)
So proud of my awesome Dad!!!


I hope that you are all doing well and had a marvelous week/month in books too!

Please be sure to leave a comment and share your links :) 
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I love your books! Nice selection!

    Erin @ The Book Nut
    STS: http://booklovingnut.blogspot.com/2014/09/stacking-shelves-12-september-27-2014.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome haul. I loved the Winner's Curse. Great stack.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one Awesome Book Haul! Cress is so pretty I need to pick it up soon!
    Congrats to your dad that is really awesome 5th place Nationwide is pretty spectacular :)

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have to buy Lola and then I have the three of them to binge read when I can. Freaking adored The Winners Curse! ;) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams