"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, August 1, 2018

My JULY Book Haul and Wrap Up, and my AUGUST TBR 2018


Hello, friends!!! 

I really hope that you are all doing well and have been reading a lot of GOOD books!

I have to admit, my anxiety has been really bad lately and it is exhausting. I think I've been trying too hard, which then overwhelms me, and then I end up not accomplishing much of anything. I have a ton of ideas written down in a notebook, blog posts that are half-finished just sitting (over 40 of them!!!), pictures that sit on my phone and never get posted on Instagram... It's been an endless cycle. However! The motivation to get over the slump is strong and I hope to get back into the swing of things regularly... even with our school schedule starting next month! I feel it may be a good thing to have a busy schedule again!

Now, let's talk about BOOKS!!!


*My JULY Book Haul*

*REVIEW BOOKS:
- SPELL AND SPINDLE by Michelle Schusterman (MG/HB) - from the author. 
- THE SISTERS OF THE WINTER WOOD by Rena Rossner (A/ARC) - from Redhook Books/Hachette. 
- 1 GRUMPY BRUCE by Ryan T. Higgins (C/Board Book) - from Disney Hyperion.
- I LOST MY TOOTH! (Unlimited Squirrels) by Mo Willems (C/HB) - from Disney Hyperion. 
- SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW by Patty Blount (YA/eARC) - from Barclay Publicity. 
MY PLAIN JANE (The Lady Janies #2) by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows and Brodi Ashton (YA/HB) - from Book Sparks.
- THE CIRCUS THIEF by Alane Adams (C/ARC) - from Book Sparks. 
- LOVELY, DARK, AND DEEP by Justina Chen (YA/ARC) - from Book Sparks. 
- NOBODY REAL by Steven Camden (YA/ARC) - from Harper 360/Harper Collins. 
- THE CHRISTMAS SISTERS by Sarah Morgan (A/ARC) - from HQN Books via Aro Publicity. 
- THE ADVENTURES OF PHATTY AND PAYASO: Central Park by Marie Unanue (MG) - from JKS Communications. 


*BOOKS I RECEIVED AS GIFTS or THROUGH A TRADE (Thank you!)
- SPINNING SILVER by Naomi Novik (A/ARC) 
- STAY SWEET by Siobhan Vivian (YA/signed HB) 

*BOOKS I PURCHASED
- THE INEXPLICABLE LOGIC OF MY LIFE by Benjamin Alire Saenz (YA/Audiobook) 
- EMBER IN THE ASHES by Sabaa Tahir (YA/PB and Audiobook)
HEARTLESS by Marissa Meyer (YA/HB)
- GRIMM TALES: For Young and Old by Philip Pullman (A/PB) 
- THE YELLOW FAIRY BOOK (Coloured Fairy Books #4) by Andrew Lang (Classic/HB) - Hesperus Press Edition 

My JULY BOOK OF THE MONTH picks:
- SPINNING SILVER by Naomi Novik (A/HB) 


*What I read in JULY*

- WE DON'T EAT OUR CLASSMATES by Ryan T. Higgins (C/ARC) 
- NEVER FOLLOW A DINOSAUR by Alex Latimer (C/HB) 
- DID YOU EAT THE PARAKEET? by Mark Iacolina (C/ARC) 
- GOD BLESS AMERICA: The Story of an Immigrant Named Irving Berlin by Adah Nuchi (C/HB) 
- THE UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING by Morgan Matson (YA/HB) 
- DRAWN TOGETHER by Minh Le (C/ARC) 
- SPELL & SPINDLE by Michelle Schusterman (MG/HB) 
- THE INEXPLICABLE LOGIC OF MY LIFE by Benjamin Alire Saenz (YA/Audiobook) 
- LEAVING AMARILLO (Neon Dreams #1) by Caisey Quinn (NA/eBook) 
- DON'T BLINK by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (C/ARC)
- GRACE AND FURY by Tracy Banghart (YA/ARC) 


*My AUGUST TBR*

First, I hope to finish reading
- THE GIRL WITH MORE THAN ONE HEART by Laura Geringer Bass (MG/HB)
- THE SEAS by Samantha Hunt (A/HB) 
- THE KISS QUOTIENT by Helen Hoang (A/HB) 
- SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW by Patty Blount (YA/eARC) 

And then, I hope I have enough time to read these too
- BROKEN THINGS by Lauren Oliver (YA/ARC) 
- BLANCA & ROJA by Anna-Marie McLemore (YA/ARC)
- THE BOY, THE BOAT, AND THE BEAST by Samantha M. Clark (MG/HB) 
- A BLADE SO BLACK by L.L. McKinney (YA/ARC) 
- THE STORM RUNNER by J.C. and Jennifer Cervantes (MG/ARC) 
- KEEPER OF THE BEES by Meg Kassel (YA/eARC) 
- THE SISTERS OF THE WINTER WOOD by Rena Rossner (A/ARC) 
- SPINNING SILVER by Naomi Novik (A/HB)


Please let me know in the comments what you're reading... 
and leave your blog or book haul links too - I'd love to visit and see what you all have been up to!


Happy reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams