"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #133: A HISTORY OF GLITTER AND BLOOD by Hannah Moskowitz (YA)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

This is where we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released!!!
The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night!!!
And, quite possibly, to make our shelves look pretty too :) 


What I'm currently waiting for... 


by Hannah Moskowitz
Expected release date: August 4th, 2015
Published by Chronicle Books
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy
Format: Hardcover, eBook


SUMMARY

Sixteen-year-old Beckan and her friends are the only fairies brave enough to stay in Ferrum when war breaks out. Now there is tension between the immortal fairies, the subterranean gnomes, and the mysterious tightropers who arrived to liberate the fairies.

But when Beckan's clan is forced to venture into the gnome underworld to survive, they find themselves tentatively forming unlikely friendships and making sacrifices they couldn't have imagined. As danger mounts, Beckan finds herself caught between her loyalty to her friends, her desire for peace, and a love she never expected. 

This stunning, lyrical fantasy is a powerful exploration of what makes a family, what justifies a war, and what it means to truly love.






Why I'm waiting for A HISTORY OF GLITTER AND BLOOD...

First... because it is a fantasy duology about fairies!
That also happens to mention gnomes and "mysterious tightropers"!!!

Second... "true love"!
I'm a sucker for a good romance!!!

And lastly... because this book sounds like no other!



SO, what are you waiting for this week??? 

7 comments:

  1. That cover is SO pretty! And the story itself sounds pretty fantastic too :)
    Thanks for sharing this one & have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blog you have!

    I've never heard of this book before, but now I'm intrigued. I love books about faeries. Let me know how it is if you ever read it.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah Moskovitz’s books all sound amazing and so does this one. Can’t wait to read it! Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have recently been doing more reading of faeries, a subject I've always loved and now can indulge in. This sounds fascinating and definitely going on the TBR

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is so pretty for this book. I really like the idea of faeries.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read! I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally just added this to my TBR list, this one sounds great!
    I chose Off the Page by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer.
    Check out My WoW!

    Joana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams