"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #38: GOING VINTAGE by Lindsey Leavitt

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 
This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)


What I'm waiting on... 

by Lindsey Leavitt
Expected release date: March 26th, 2013
Published by: Bloomsbury
Genre: YA Contemporary

SUMMARY

When Mallory discovers that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is cheating on her with an online girlfriend, she swears off boys. She also swears off modern technology. 

Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to "go vintage" and return to a simpler time (when boyfriends couldn't cheat on you online.)

She sets out to complete grandma's list: 
run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. 
But the list is trickier than it looks. And obviously finding a steady is out...
no matter how good Oliver (Jeremy's cousin) smells. 

But with the help of her sister, she'll get it done. Somehow.

Lindsey Leavitt perfectly pairs heartfelt family moments, laugh-out-loud humor, and a little bit of romance in this delightful contemporary novel. 


Why I'm waiting on Going Vintage... 

First off, isn't the cover super delish?! I love the color combo of this pink and green!

This debut sounds super cute and a whole lotta fun!
I am really looking forward to seeing how Mallory is going to accomplish her grandmothers list! and whether or not she'll cave in and go "steady" with Oliver! He sounds dreamy already, lol!

It's your turn! 
What are you waiting for this week??? 

14 comments:

  1. Im loving the whole vibe of this book. Adding to my TBR list.
    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover is cuteness!!!!! Can't wait to read the first reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds so fun! Love the idea of going vintage! Those times do seem fun!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this one on my TBR list for a while! Thanks for making me remember why I cant wait to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is adorable, but I think the story sounds even cuter! I love all things vintage, so I'm really looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover on this is just great. Can't wait to read this one. Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like fun. I may have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice cover and fun pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for Going Vintage! I loved Sean Griswold's Head, so I am expecting this to be awesome too!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the term "going steady". We should totally bring it back. Haha. I've seen this one a few times and it sounds like a fun read. I really fancy the name Oliver as well. Great pick. :]

    New Follower via GFC.
    Stop by my wow!

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! This one is on NetGalley and I've been hesitating about requesting it, but... I think I just might have to!

    ~Mandi Kaye | My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! I saw this one someone's blog a LONG while back and thought it looked so cute! Might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Agreed! Great cover! This one sounds great! I'm usually a huge fan of contemporary, but this sounds great with the grandmothers letter mixed in! Great share!

    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams