"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday #37: DARE YOU TO by Katie McGarry



"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 
This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)


What I'm waiting on... 


(Pushing the Limits #2) 
by Katie McGarry 
Expected release date: May 28th, 2013
Published by: Harlequin Teen
Genre: Young Adult - Contemporary, Romance

SUMMARY 

"I dare you..." 

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does...

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock - with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him. 

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams - and his life - for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all. 

Why I'm waiting on DARE YOU TO...

Ummmm, WHAT?!?! 

Who's this Ryan dude??? 
Where did Beth go that Isaiah is not mentioned here???
Are we to assume already... {sob!}

Saying that I LOVED Pushing the Limits is an understatement - 
{you can see my review here}
there are no words, that book will stay for me for forever!

So, I am trusting you, Katie McGarry ;) 


SO, what are you all waiting for this week??? 

16 comments:

  1. oh cant for this one and its releases around my bday...yes! Feel free to check out My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the first chapter or so in the back of Pushing the Limits I was just as upset that Isiah wasn't around. I wonder if she will say what happened between them in the book.

    Great pick!
    Mine will be up later at Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot even begin to say how much I want to read this book!! NOW!!! Oh and the cover?!?! LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I'm the last person in the world who hasn't read Pushing the Limits. Hopefully I can get to it before this one comes out. Great pick!
    Check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Pushing the Limits yet, but I know I NEED to! XD

    Here's my WoW :D

    - Kazhy @ My Library in the Making

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, hmmm. What did happen to Isaiah? But I also loved Pushing the Limits and can't wait to read this. Great pick! Come check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab choice. I'm looking forward to this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read Pushing the LImits! It's been on my list for awhile but I haven't gotten around to getting it! Great pick!
    Be sure to visit my WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes!! We match today!!! Awesome pick. (Obviously hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. WAIT WHAT? WHERE DID ISAIAH GO?!?!?!?!

    Guess who hadn't read the blurb? THIS GUY. Gahhhhh! This just got more emotional!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks really good. Now I just need to read Pushing the Limits
    Check out my WOW http://karalovesreading.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday-1.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uhm... what? I haven't read the first one yet (though it's in my TBR) but I always thought it was a stand alone... must read it now! lol

    Here's what I'm waiting on this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still have the first book waiting for me to read D: nice pick. Sounds like a lot people are excited for book 2!
    Here's my WoW at Bookmunchies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too funny! This one is all over this week! :) It sounds SO good! Great pick. Happy reading.

    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams