"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Beehive Book News #30: The Belated Birthday-Snuggie-Kindle Edition


Hello book-loving friends :)
It's been a while since I have done a vlog on my book events and haul,
so my video is a tad bit on the long side, so sorry!
But, I did list everything below too ;)



Hope you all had a wonderful week in books too!

What I received for review...
- The 13th Sign by Kristin O'Donnell Tubb (MG)
- The Worm Whisperer by Betty Hicks (MG)
- Ivy in the Shadows by Chris Woodworth (MG)
- Marco Impossible by Hannah Moskowitz (MG)
- Hiding Out at the Pancake Palace by Nan Marino (MG)
- One + One = Blue by M.J. Auch (MG)
- Soldier Dog by Sam Angus (MG)

What I purchased, traded, won, etc...
- Fateful by Claudia Gray (YA) traded with Christy via YA Book Exchange :)
Savvy by Ingrid Law (MG)
Guys Read: The Sports Pages (Guys Read #3)  by Jon Scieszka (MG)
The Girl From Felony Bay by J.E. Thompson (MG)

My birthday books/stuffs :) 
Pushing The Limits by Katie McGarry (YA)
Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (YA)
- Instax Mini 7S Instant Camera!!! in PINK!!!
- SNUGGIE!!!

*Kindle Fire HD (gasp! B'day gift from hubs and my boys!) and now I have these ebooks...
The Fierce Reads Anthology: Volume #2 <--- Free from Macmillan!
Cruising, A Short Story by Sarah Mlynowsky (YA) <--- from Harper Teen Impulse!
Stupid Perfect World, A Novella by Scott Westerfeld (YA) <--- from Harper Teen Impulse!
Carnival of Souls by Melissa Marr (YA) <--- Currently only $1.99 on Amazon!!!
Miss Child Has Gone Wild! (Weirder School #1) by Dan Gutman (MG)

Kindle books I had on my cloud reader before ;) 
Exiled by M.R. Merrick (YA)
Jenny Pox by J.L. Bryan (YA)
Fairy Metal Thunder by J.L. Bryan (YA)
Inhale by Kendall Grey (YA)
Meant to Be by Tiffany King (YA)
Airel by Aaron Patterson and Chris White (YA)

Kindle Freebies that I got that might still be free, lol!!! 
- Brightest Kind of Darkness by P.T. Michelle (YA)
- Sweet Venom by Tera Lynn Childs (YA)
- Johnny B. Fast: The Super Spy by Tom Doganoglu (MG)
Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly (Adult) <--- from Harlequin KISS!
Miss Match: A Lauren Holbrook Novel by Erynn Mangum (YA)
Thicker Than Blood by C.J. Darlington (Adult)
- Secret Santa: A Bluegrass Series Novella by Kathleen Brooks (Adult)
- Bah, Humbug! (A Romantic Comedy Novella) by Heather (Adult)

Mentions and THANK YOU's...
- My family <3
- MacKids Books and Walden Pond Press


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Thank you SO very much for stopping by!
Please leave your links in the comment, 
would love to visit and take a peek at what you got this week too!!! 


I'm linking up to: The Sunday PostShowcase Sunday 

16 comments:

  1. WOW. Lots of MG I see in your pile. You got some awesome books. I hope your kids enjoy the MG. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got Marco, Impossible and am really excited to read it. It sounds adorable!

    Enjoy all your books!

    My StS Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much MG love!

    Okay, has there ever been a title more fantastic than Hiding Out at the Pancake Palace? :) That's awesome.

    Enjoy! & Happy Birthday!

    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! You had a great haul this week. I've heard amazing things about Beautiful Creatures. I'm hoping to read it soon because the movie looks amazing!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow!Kindle Fire! Jealous. Love the snuggie. And amazing buys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a Snuggie too..That one you're wearing doesn't seem as ugly as the others lol. I passed on the 13th Sign for once..It's a surprise because that one seems like a good read.

    Happy Holiday!
    ------
    Giselle @ Book Nerd Canada
    Stacking the Shelves Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the snuggie :) They are the perfect invention for readers... I don't know what I would do without mine because I have to be snuggled up while I read! That's awesome that you got a Kindle Fire HD!!

    You had such an awesome haul! I think I will check out The 13th Sign.. you're right it does sound like it has some YA appeal, so intriguing! Thanks for sharing your amazing haul and Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A snuggie! LOL And a kindle! WOO!!! The 13th Sign seems interesting. Happy reading!
    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a bit jealous of your snuggie! I'm always struggling with keeping my front covered by a blanket while typing or reading! What a great hubby you have! There are some great eBook deals this time of year! Check out Epic Reads right now. They have a bunch of great ones for really cheap right now! Happy reading!

    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Happy Birthday and I need to read Pushing the Limits too!! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woohoo a Kindle! =D Love that copy of Pushing the Limits, so pretty.

    Happy Holidays and enjoy your haul =D

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for the Kindle. Great birthday present. Enjoy your amazing haul.


    Happy Holidays
    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Snuggi is pretty awesome for this time of year, but I love my Kindle and wouldn't trade it for anything...even a Snuggi.
    I have seen some awesome reviews for Pushing the Limits and have to make the time for it. Enjoy your books, Snuggi and Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the snuggie, Margie! lol That Kindle is awesome too, I've never seen the HD one...sooo pretty. I'm a week late commenting, BUT I still think it's so funny we both got Fateful! I got Beautiful Creatures for Christmas, so maybe we'll end up reading one of them at the same time. I looove Pushing the Limits, I won the UK version right after it came out and it's one of my favourite books of 2012. Great haul! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams