"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Beehive Book News #31: The Christmas, Book Haul and Wrap-Up Edition


Hi there! I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday and week full of books :) 
I am overflowing with wonderful reads right now and couldn't be happier! 

So sorry about this vlog, 
it was recorded past midnight and I had to be quiet so I wouldn't wake anyone up, lol!


What I received for review...
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver (YA)
- Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver (YA)
- The Fellowship For Alien Detection (ARC) by Kevin Emerson (MG)
- The Trouble With Flirting (ARC) by Claire LaZebnik (YA)
- Nobody (ARC) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (YA)


What I purchased, traded, won...
The Road to Jericho by Steven J. Carroll (MG)
Ashes (Ashes Trilogy #1) by Ilsa J. Bick (YA)
Close to Famous by Joan Bauer (YA)
Stealing Parker (Hundred Oaks #2) (ARC) by Miranda Kenneally (YA)
- Fang Girl by Helen Keeble (YA)
- Annabel (Delirium #0.5) by Lauren Oliver (YA)
- Hana (Delirium #1.5) by Lauren Oliver (YA)

My Secret Santa and other Christmas gifts :) 
The Sweetest Spell by Suzanne Selfors (YA) from Geraldine of Starian72 :)
- Goodie bag from Spence Hill Press :)




Mentions and THANK YOU's...
- Harper Teen/Epic Reads ---> See more about the "End is Here" right here! More info to come soon!
- Walden Pond Press, Bloomsbury and Egmont
- Lindsay of TheBookVlogger :)
- Melissa of Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf :)
- Montana of The Book Belles via ARCyling
- Danny of Bewitched Bookworms :)
- Mandy of YABC :)
- Bunny Cates of I'm Reading It :)


RAKs I sent out for December via Booksoulmates...
- To Loretta of Between the Pages, Entice (ARC) by Jessica Shirvington
- To Becky of Becky's Barmy Book Blog, The Goddess Test and Goddess Interrupted (Paperbacks) by Aimee Carter

RAKs received :)
- From Ashley of Dr. Pepper Diva, Cinder (eBook) by Marissa Meyer (YA)
- From Cassie of Vamps, Weres and Cassay Oh My!, Cinder by Marissa Meyer (YA)
- From Julia of Juliababyjen's Reading Room, Echo (The Soul Seekers #2) by Alyson Noel (YA)
Thank you SO very much Julia, Cassie and Ashley :) 

December Wrap-Up...
Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole (YA) 
Mia's Heart by Courtney Cole (YA)
ReAwakened by Ada Adams (YA)
- Home Front Girl by Joan Wehlan Morrison (YA)
- The Girl in the Wall by Daphne Benedis-Grab (YA)
- Tempestuous by Kim Askew and Amy Helmes (YA) 
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith (YA)
- Death of a Kleptomaniac by Kristen Tracy (YA)
- The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans (Adult re-read)
- Hollyweird by Terri Clark (YA)
- Something Like Normal by Trish Doller (YA)



And that is everything for December!!! 
Please be sure to leave a comment, and your link(s), 
so I can visit you too!!!

Hope you all have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve :) 
See you next year!!! xoxo 



I'm linking up to: The Sunday PostShowcase Sunday 

12 comments:

  1. OMG amazing, amazing haul!! Nobody, Ashes, Stealing Parker, and of course the Delirium series! I love all your new books! Enjoy them! :D

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome pile of books! The Delirium series, Ashes, and Cinder are some of my favourite books.
    The Sweetest Spell looks very pretty. Enjoy them all and Happy New Year!
    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, amazing haul! I can't wait to start on Lauren Oliver's books :)

    Happy reading!
    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, that is an amazing haul. There are some great boom there. I loved Delirium and Pandemonium. I can't wait to read Nobody too.
    Happy reading.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sundays Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to start the Delirium series. I've heard great things about it. Looks like you've really had a great week! Hope you have a Happy New Year.

    Check out my SP.

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..what a wonderful haul for the month of December. I love your vlog:) Cinder was a fav and ooh i loved the Delirium series! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great week! So glad you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope that you love Delerium and Pandemonium...I know I did and am dying to get my hands on Requiem!! Happy New Year!!

    My Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year! Fantastic haul. I love Lauren Oliver's writing (even of I don't like the plots haha). Happy readings!

    Here's my Sunday Post at Bookmunchies (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh!! That's so awesome that you are on "The End is here" for Delirium... that is favorite dystopian series, I'm obsessed! I can't wait for Requiem. I really hope you enjoy it! I really want to read Nobody, it looks really intriguing... something a little different from whats out there. And you got Fang Girl!! Ahh!!! I really want to read that... it sounds so funny. You got so many amazing books & bookish things. I hope you enjoy every and have a wonderful new year!

    Merry Christmas!!

    Lauren @ Lose Time Reading

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eep, so much awesomeness! Delirium and Pandemonium are both fabulous books, you are totally going to love both of those! But, Pandemonium's ending is absolutely killer. You'll want to pull out your hair with that cliffhanger! Cinder is also a great Cinderella retelling, even if it was slightly predictable. The world building is really cool though! Nobody looks a bit creepy, yet really good. I can't wait to see what you think of it.

    Enjoy all those goodies! <3 Happy reading, and I hope you have a happy new year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So you're December totally kicked ass :) Mucho awesomeness indeed!! Thank you for supporting and participating in RAK! Hope you enjoy all your fabulous books!

    XO,
    ♥ Isalys / Book Soulmates

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams