"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My "Once Upon a Time Read-a-thon" Final Update!

Today was the last day of the Once Upon a Read-a-thon...  
And I have to say, I'm a little proud of myself :)


Here are the books that I read in the last 3 days: 
A Pug's Tale by Alison Pace (304 pages) 
Insignia by S.J. Kincaid (finished reading the last 328 pages)
29 by Adena Halpern (280 pages)
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (finished reading the last 300 pages)
- Frozen Heart by Annabelle Blume (95 pages)
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (started reading... on page 39)


I may have went a bit overboard in the beginning because I definitely got burnt out on the last day, lol! I was only able to read a small book today and the beginning of another. 
But overall, not too shabby for my second read-a-thon! I was better prepared this time around.
It's really good to set a somewhat realistic goal with books you think you're going to love :)

A big thank you to Lori of Pure Imagination, Angela of Reading Angel
Candace of Candace's Book Blog, those of you that created mini-challenges, 
and of course, all the awesome participants who stopped by with comments and encouragement!!! 
You all rock :) 

I look forward to the next one!
Happy reading :) 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, look at you go! That's awesome! Yeah, I definitely didn't pick the right books. I started with slow books that made me avoid them for the majority of the read-a-thon, LOL. Congrats on reaching your goals this year :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on reaching your goal, that's awesome!!

    I want to read Tiger Lilly!! Can't wait...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only read about 100 pages on Wed. I had to work, but I was a little burnt out too. I happy you got so much read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did awesome! Congrats on meeting your goal

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6 books? Whoa! You did fantastic! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting so much read! I need to participate in one of these, maybe it'll help me catch up on my GR reading goal for this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!

    I'm Cierra, and I've just nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award! Go to:
    http://thebookloversreport.blogspot.com/2012/07/versatile-blogger-award.html For more info!

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! You did fantastic girl! You and Lori both. I think I read one book total. Half of one (finishing it up) and started another and got half way through. LOL I did TERRIBLE! Oh well...I guess that's how the cookie crumbled this week. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, way to go! What did you think of 29? That was one of my fave reads from last year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams