"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #42: Life After Theft by Aprilynne Pike


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 
This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)


What I'm waiting on... 


by Aprilynne Pike
Expected release date: April 30th, 2013
Published by: Harper Teen
Genre: Young Adult 



SUMMARY

Moving to a new high school sucks. Especially a rich-kid private school. With uniforms. But nothing is worse than finding out the first girl you meet is dead. And a klepto. 

No one can see or hear Kimberlee except Jeff, so - in hopes of bringing an end to the snarkiest haunting in history - he agrees to help her complete her "unfinished business." But when the enmity between Kimberlee and Jeff's new crush, Sera, manages to continue posthumously, Jeff wonders if he's made the right choice.








Why I'm waiting on 'Life After Theft'...

I really loved Aprilynne Pike's Wing Series -
I will read anything by her now!

I love the twist...
"finding out the first girl you meet is dead. And a klepto."
LOLing!

This is suppose to be a modern-day retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy.
I have never read The Scarlet Pimpernel... but now I want to ;) And before Life After Theft is released!

Can't wait!!!

What are you waiting for this week?!?!

13 comments:

  1. This one seems like it would be a great read. Nice pick. Feel free to check out mine...
    here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read the Wings series! This sounds great! Rich kid private school and ghost haunting!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I'm excited for Pike's other 2013 book, too---Earthbound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I didn't like the Wings series *shrug*. But I'm open to see if her writing has changed for the better :) Besides, the cover looks tempting :))

    My Wow this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one seems great, and I especially love the covers! Will definitely added to my TBR :)

    What I'm Waiting for This Wednesday
    My Enormous TBR Pile

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like an awesome chick lit paranormal and I love Aprilynne Pike :) Definitely be reading this :)

    New follower!

    My WOW this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds awesome. Pike writes amazing books. Nice choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. What? I love The Scarlet Pimpernel. Not sure how it's a retelling, but okay. The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of my all time favorites. It is just so romantic. Definitely read it.

    Also, Aprilynne Pike is an incredible writer. I definitely want to read this one too.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page
    Taking It One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooooooooooo I hadn't heard. This sounds way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. GAH! I love her books (Wings is one of my favorite series!) and I love the Scarlet Pimpernel story. This is a double win!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a fun read, I enjoyed her Wings series! I will have to add to my TBR.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

  12. My goodness your pick does sound like a good book to read.
    Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds like a really fun read! I've heard great things about Aprilynne's Wing series so I may have to check this one out. :) Thanks for sharing!

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams