"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, January 5, 2013

Beehive Book News #32: The 'bla, bla, bla' Edition


Hi there! Hope you all had a wonderful start to 2013!!!
It's been crazy busy for my family and myself - 
but I am SO determined to stay organized and keep up with my schedule, 
it's too early in the year to allow any slip-ups... right?! lol

Here's my update for this week: 


I'm linking up to: The Sunday PostShowcase Sunday,  
and Stacking the Shelves :)

What I received for review...
Christopher Sat Straight Up in Bed (ARC) by Kathy Long (Children)
- A Shot of Sultry (Sultry Springs #2) (ARC) by Macy Beckett (Adult)
- The Geek Girl and the Scandalous Earl (ARC) by Gina Lamm (Adult)
- The Last Telegram (ARC) by Liz Trenow (Adult)

What I purchased, traded, won, etc...
The Last Dragonslayer (ARC) by Jasper Fforde
Just One Day (ARC) by Gayle Forman (YA)
- Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally (YA)
- All The Wrong Questions #1: "Who Could That Be at This Hour?" by Lemony Snicket (MG)
- Rise of The Guardians, Movie Novelization by Stacia Deutsch (MG)
- Time for Kids: Big Book of Why by John Perritano (MG)
- The Mighty Avengers Look and Find (Children)

Mentions and THANK YOU's...
- Ada Adams, author of the Angel Creek Series: ReVamped and ReAwakened (YA)
- Eerdman's Books, Sourcebooks Casablanca and Sourcebooks Landmark
Montana of The Book Belles via ARCyling and YA Book Exchange


Don't forget to enter my BLOGOVERSARY GIVEAWAY!!!

And a HUGE thank you for all you who have stopped by 
and continue to stop by! Your comments mean the world to me :) 

Have a fab weekend!!! xo

13 comments:

  1. Just One Day! Catching Jordan!!

    I soooo loved the If I Stay series that I can't wait for Gayle Forman's newest series -- I'll be diving in right away when I get it! And the Hundred Oaks series is AWESOME! I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh so many awesome books, both MG and Adult. The MG books have really nice covers.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, it looks like you got some cool adult books for review! How neat. =) I hope you enjoy them, and I think it's fabulous that you're branching out some more! <3 Also, I'm really excited to read Just One Day! I've only read 1 Gayle Forman book, but I'm already in lurve with her with her writing. ;) And I've heard such great things about Catching Jordan! I can't wait to see what you think.

    Fantastic haul! Happy reading Margie. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've definitely piqued my interest with the Macy Beckett book. I will have to check that one out. Also, I have the same scarf. I wear it all the time! It's great, right?

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the 24-hour author read-along, that would be so much fun! Hopefully more authors will start doing that. I'm going to have to go check out the Macy Beckett book now, I'm curious! Miranda Kenneally's books are awesome, I can't wait to see what you think. Great haul, Margie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great haul! Many interesting books here.

    Enjoy!
    My haul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great mix of MG, YA & Adult!! Hope you enjoy every one Margie:)


    My Added to the Bookshelf post!

    ♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just One Day sounds really good! I'll be looking forward to hearing what you think of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh man..now i want the Sultry Springs series..after all of your gushing about it!! Awesome haul and your vlog was fine, some day I will be brave like you! I like the idea of The Last Telegram and cannot wait for your review! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just One Day was SO good and I can't wait for you to read it and then I can't wait to read your review on it. (:

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Haul! I have only heard of Catching Jordan and it's looks pretty good.

    Here's my Showcase Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rachel will be jealous of your Gayle Forman book! She just featured it for our WoW last week! Very cool! Great books! Happy reading my dearie!
    Our Week in Books @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams