"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, May 16, 2015

Book Haul #93: The Curious Tale of the Robot Who Could Fly


Hello fellow bookworms!!!

How are you all doing??? 
How is the weather by you???
I know most of us are going into spring, with allergies, lol! But some of you are also going into fall/winter... I'm more of a sweater-weather person, I wish it was fall all year long!

We've had another wonderful week in books! Quite an eclectic pile too!
I can't wait to read them all! But most of all, I cannot wait to doodle in the new Doodle Lit book! I've posted pics on my instagram; and I'll be posting my doodles on their too! So, if you're interested in my doodles, or my books, or baby pics or just stuff in general, please come on over and follow me on Instagram too :) 

Hope you all have an awesome weekend!
Don't forget to do something kind for someone too!!! xo 

*What I received for review...
A CURIOUS TALE OF THE IN-BETWEEN (ARC) by Lauren DeStefano (MG) from Bloomsbury
- DOODLE LIT (PB) by Jennifer Adams and Illustrated by Alison Oliver (E) from Baby Lit Books
- HELLO, GOODBYE, AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN (ARC) by Jennifer E. Smith from Little Brown
- THE GIRL WHO COULD FLY (PB) by Victoria Forester (MG) from Macmillan


*From Book Trades/Swaps...
- WHEN IT HAPPENS (HB) by Susane Colasanti from Gabi @ BooksABlog

*What I purchased...
- A ROBOT IN THE GARDEN (PB) by Deborah Install (A)

*A sweet gift to Baby Bee...
- CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM (HB) by Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault, Illustrated by Lois Ehlert (C)


* * * 

A few pics from the last few days... 

Coolest DOODLE book ever!!!
Check out my instagram flip through to see some cool pages!!!
Planner clips and stickers! Planner girl in the making :)
Baby Bee has had a fever/cold all week,
but cheered up when a dear friend sent him a book via mail :) 
I'm still looking for a few ARCs to add to my collection, please take a peek,
perhaps we can do a trade???

* * * 


Please help Annie get her new lungs!



https://m.helphopelive.org/campaign/6507?3.13.829
My husband's sister, Ann Marie, was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis at the age of 2.
Until a year ago, she has been living a relatively normal and active life... 
Ann Marie is in need of a double-lung transplant now.
Any donations will be forever be appreciated.
Healing prayers too!

Please click on the link for more info!

And, thank you in advance for any and all contributions!!! 


* * * 



Thank you SOOO much for stopping by!!!

Don't forget to leave a comment with your links so I can visit your hauls too!!!
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Nice haul! You got A Curious Tale of the In-Between! Awesome! It's hot as heck here in PA now. It seems like it was winter two weeks ago, spring for ONE week, then BAM...90 degrees. I'm definitely a fall person, but it only last for one or two weeks here (the best one or two weeks ever!). I'm following you on Instagram now, btw (I'm @meeshelly23). Have a great weekend, enjoy your new books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely haul Margie. I really like the Doodle Lit book. It's like so hot here suddenly. Its like freezing, then its suddenly warm again. You got some impressive titles.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between! I hope you enjoy all of your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I had an opportunity to receive a copy of Robot in the Garden, but I passed it up. I have to see if I can request it from the publisher. Fantastic haul, Margie!

    happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had SO many fevers and colds in the past month, it's ridiculous! I'm actually amazed that we've gone over a week without getting sick! And I so could do with fall all year round ... it's my favourite season! If only it could be fall with the pretty leaves all year. And that Doodle Lit book looks so cool! I'm checking it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, he's such a cutie! :D He looks like he's loving that book!
    Great haul this week, I'm very excited for Lauren DeStefano's first middle grade! And for Jennifer Smith's new one! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams