"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays #1: THERE WILL BE LIES by Nick Lake (YA)


TEASER TUESDAYS is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading...
This is where we get to share a little snippet of what we are reading! 


It's been a really, really long time since I've participated in a Teaser Tuesday :) 
I forgot how much fun it is to tease booknerds with awesome quotes... especially from books that have just been released ;) Muahahaha!!!



by Nick Lake
Release date: January 6th, 2015
Published by: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary Thriller
Formats: Hardcover, eBook
Format read: ARC from the publisher.

SUMMARY


In four hours, Shelby Jane Cooper will be struck by a car.

Shortly after, she and her mother will leave the hospital and set out on a winding journey toward the Grand Canyon.

All Shelby knows is that they’re running from dangers only her mother understands. And the further they travel, the more Shelby questions everything about her past—and her current reality. Forced to take advantage of the kindness of unsuspecting travelers, Shelby grapples with what’s real, what isn’t, and who she can trust . . . if anybody.

Award-winning author Nick Lake proves his skills as a master storyteller in this heart-pounding new novel. This emotionally charged thrill ride leads to a shocking ending that will have readers flipping back to the beginning.





TEASER

"I think about those fairy tales Mom used to tell me, the ones about the changelings, where fairies would take a human child because they found it beautiful, and replace it with a fairy baby. Right now, though, it feels like Mom is the changeling, like she's been taken away and replaced with some other mother, some simulacrum, some clockwork woman." ~ ARC, page 87

"These dreams have been getting way too weird, too real, for my liking. I can still feel the knife in my hand - the one Mom doesn't seem able to see." ~ ARC, page 204


What are you reading right now???

2 comments:

  1. Great Teaser! I love the road trip story line, and the Grand Canyon fascinates me. I'll look for this book.
    My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this. I'm three books away from it in my reading challenge!
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesdays-94-awol/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams