"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Top 15 MOST Anticipated Books for 2015!!!


I just love this time of the year!!!
Everything feels so fresh and new... and it feels good to get organized and create lists upon lists and more lists! And one of those lists is this one...

My Top 15 Most Anticipated Books for 2015!!!


1. A COURT OF THORNS AND ROSES by Sarah J. Maas (YA) - A faerie retelling of Beauty and the Beast!!!... and I'm one of the only people in the world who has not read her Throne of Glass series!!! My anticipation is based solely on the fact that I love fairytale retellings! I love faerie stories! And the how highly recommended her books are!

2. CRIMSON BOUND by Rosamund Hodge (YA) - another fairytale retelling! Little Red Riding Hood, one of my all-time favorites!!!

3. A WICKED THING by Rhiannon Thomas (YA) - a reimagining of Sleeping Beauty! What happens after the supposed "happily ever after"... cannot wait for this!!!

4. MONSTROUS by MarcyKate Connolly (MG) - a middle grade inspired by Mary Shelly's Frankenstein and the Brother's Grimm's stories! The main character (who has wings, bolts on her neck and a spiky tail), who risks her life at night to save disappearing girls!

5. CARRY ON by Rainbow Rowell (YA) - It's her! That is all!!!

6. NIMONA by Noelle Stevenson (YA) - Originally published online, this web-comic has won quite a few awards already! I already LOVE Noelle's writing/illustrations from her work on Rainbow Rowell's books and, most recently, her Lumberjane's comic books! I cannot wait to see this in person!

7. KANIN CHRONICLES (Frostfire, Ice Kissed and Crystal Kingdom) by Amanda Hocking (YA) - I luuuurve the Trylle Trilogy! And I am SO looking forward to getting back into this world!!!

8. FINDING PARIS by Joy Preble (YA) - I really, really adore the Sweet Dead Life series! I love Joy's writing style! And this one sounds like a really good mystery to get lost in! Can't wait!!!

9. THE START OF ME AND YOU by Emery Lord (YA) - Here's a name that I will always buy without having to know what the book is about! This sounds like an emotional contemporary that I am going to love, just as much if not more than her debut!

10. I'LL MEET YOU THERE by Heather Demetrios (YA) - This book is already wrapping itself around my heart...

11. PIP BARTLETT'S GUIDE TO MAGICAL CREATURES by Jackson Pearce and Maggie Stiefvater (MG) - our main character works with her aunt who is a magical creatures vet! And her best friend is allergic to most of those creatures! I'm already giggling about the wild adventures these two will get into!... PLUS! Maggie Stiefvater did all of the "quirky" illustrations!!!

12. THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST by Holly Black (YA) - Faeries! In a world where the fae are (kind of) accepted into our present day world! There's a prince! A monster! And a price to be paid! So much excitement for this one!!!

Books who have not released their bookcovers yet (OH! The torture!):
13. THE REST OF US JUST LIVE HERE by Patrick Ness (YA) - I will follow his words to the end of the world! This sounds like the perfect YA book about YA books!!! This book should be on everyone's YA list!!!

14. THE WANDERERS by Kate Ormand (YA) - It only has a one line synopsis, and that was more than enough!... it had me at "traveling shapeshifter circus"!!!

15. ICE LIKE FIRE (Snow Like Ashes #2) by Sara Raasch (YA) - Did you read book one?! Because, if you did, you'd know why! OMG! Cannot wait :)

Honorable mentions...
* ETERNAL SACRIFICE (Mortal Enchantment #4) by Stacey O'Neale (YA) - I NEED TO KNOW what happens!!! I need more ROWAN in my life!!! BUT, I don't want this to ever end :(

THE FORGOTTEN CROWN (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #3) by Julie Kagawa (YA) - My list wouldn't be complete without a book by Julie!!!... I've been waiting for this book for sooo looong!!! Gimme!!!

Obviously, there are a ton of other sequels and ongoing series that I need to get my hands on as well! This list can go on and on and on... I'm sure you all can relate ;) 


I need to read all the fairytales, retellings and contemporaries (with a few fantasies) this year!!!


What's on your list???


3 comments:

  1. The Start of Me and You! Definitely tops my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to try out some Emery Lord this year ... her books look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for Finding Paris!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams