"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, December 6, 2014

Stacking the Shelves #78: December Book Haul Part 1 and Comic Book Haul #2


Hello my amazing bookish friends!
I hope you are all doing well and are all enjoying some really good reads...

We finally finished decorating our home for the holidays :)
All of our ornaments are little pieces of our lives - there are ornaments from my husband's childhood, some are from when I was a kid too. A few handmade ones from crafty friends, and of course a few from our kids. There are some that mark important milestones in our growing family's lives. And more will be added every year to come. That's our little tradition!


So, it seems that the seasons are a bit mixed up around here. It has been quite chilly, but raining. Raining a lot! I don't think I've every seen it rain so much at this time of the year. It has really dampened my mood... (see what I did there, lol!) I want snow! And, I hope to get some of that snow and holiday spirit through a few books that I've tossed into my TBR for this month:
Winterspell, Dash and Lily's Book of Dares, and,
The Christmas Box/The Christmas List...
any other winter books that you'd recommend???

For now, here's my haul for the first half of December :)

(Please note, that the majority of my haul is Young Adult. Otherwise, books that aren't will be noted with either (A) for Adult, (NA) for New Adult, (MG) for Middle Grade, and (C) for Childrens books.)




*What I received for review...


Middle Grade ARCs From HarperCollins:
- MONSTROUS by MarcyKate Connolly
- HERO by Sarah Lean
- SHIVERS!: The Pirate Who's Afraid of EVERYTHING by Annabeth Bondor-Stone and Connor White
- LISTEN, SLOWLY by Thanhha Lai
- MOONPENNY ISLAND by Tricia Springstubb

From Random House:
- LITTLE WHITE LIES (HB) by Katie Dale

*What I purchased from #BookOutletBlackFriday...


- ELEANOR AND PARK by Rainbow Rowell
- THIS SONG WILL SAVE YOUR LIFE by Leila Sales
- EMERALD GREEN (Ruby Red Trilogy #3) by Kerstin Gier
- MEANT TO BE by Lauren Morrill
- SERAPHINA by Rachel Hartman
- STRANDS OF BRONZE AND GOLD by
PIZZA, LOVE, AND OTHER STUFF THAT MADE ME FAMOUS by Kathryn Williams
MRS. POE by Lynn Cullen (A)
THE CHRISTMAS LIST by Richard Paul Evans (A)
- BREAKABLE (Contours of the Heart #2) by Tammara Webber (NA)
MASTERPIECE by Elise Broach, Illustrated by Kelly Murphy (MG)
MY BIG FAT ZOMBIE GOLDFISH: The SeaQuel by Mo O'Hara (MG)
THE CLOAK SOCIETY by Jeramey Kraatz (MG)
VILLAINS RISING (The Cloak Society #2) by Jeramey Kraatz (MG)
BEST LOVED FAIRYTALES by Hans Christian Andersen

*Comic book haul...


by Marvel Comics: 
- SPIDER-WOMAN #1 by Dennis Hopler, Illustrated by Greg Land, Jay Leisten & Frank D'Armata
- ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN WEB-WARRIORS by Joe Caramagna
- MS. MARVEL #1: Meta Morphosis (The original cover and one of the variant editions!)
by G. Willow Wilson, Illustrated by Adrian Alphona
- MS. MARVEL #2: All Mankind by G. Willow Wilson, Illustrated by Adrian Alphona
- SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE #1 by Sean McKeever, Illustrated by Takeshi Miyazawa
- MARY JANE: HOMECOMING #1 by Sean McKeever, Illustrated by Takeshi Miyazawa

by DC Comics: 
- GOTHAM ACADEMY #1 by Becky Cloonan, Illustrated by Karl Kerschl


ALSO!
I'm currently participating in the Holiday #Readathon (hosted by Liza of WhoRuBlog ) right now!
This is my weekend TBR...


- LITTLE WHITE LIES by Katie Dale
- THE DARKEST PART OF THE FOREST by Holly Black
- I'LL GIVE YOU THE SUN by Jandy Nelson


Thank you SO much for stopping by today!!!

Don't forget to leave a comment with your link so I can visit you too, please!!!
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Great tree! Great haul. :D Oh I wish I paid attention to that Black Friday sale. So much awesome.

    Have a great week, Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing haul. You've picked up some great books! :-) I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some books that I want... to read and steal! Kidding, don't steal! :)) Happy reading!

    My STS: http://readingadd.blogspot.com/2014/12/stacking-shelves-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tree is so pretty!! One that's on my list is the compilation 'My True Love Gave to Me' ... I think I have quite a few Christmas romances in my December pile, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul! I hope that you enjoy I'll Give You the Sun. I've been hearing nothing but good reviews so far about it.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so pretty! Ours is going up today. :) I've been wanting to read Seraphina for a while, been putting it off though for some reason, haha. And eek! I'll Give You the Sun, I still need to buy it, forgot about it actually, oops.

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams