"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #87: STITCHING SNOW by R. C. Lewis (YA)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 


This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)

What I'm waiting on...


by R. C. Lewis
Expected release date: October 14th, 2014
Published by: Disney-Hyperion
Genre: Young Adult - Science Fiction Retelling
Format: Hardback, eBook


SUMMARY

Princess Snow is missing.

Her home planet is filled with violence and corruption at the hands of King Matthias and his wife as they attempt to punish her captors. The king will stop at nothing to get his beloved daughter back—but that’s assuming she wants to return at all.

Essie has grown used to being cold. Temperatures on the planet Thanda are always sub-zero, and she fills her days with coding and repairs for the seven loyal drones that run the local mines.

When a mysterious young man named Dane crash-lands near her home, Essie agrees to help the pilot repair his ship. But soon she realizes that Dane’s arrival was far from accidental, and she’s pulled into the heart of a war she’s risked everything to avoid. With the galaxy’s future—and her own—in jeopardy, Essie must choose who to trust in a fiery fight for survival.


Why I'm waiting on STITCHING SNOW...

A SCI-FI-ish SNOW WHITE RETELLING!?!?!?

A dark, futuristic retelling that really sticks to the original fairy-tale!

YESSS, please!!!

And the BOOKCOVER!!! *falls over*

I. NEED. THIS. NOW!!!


SO, what are you waiting for this week???

10 comments:

  1. yes please! I'll take a copy here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting cover. And a retelling! Hope it's as good as it looks!
    Here's my WoW!
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2014/06/waiting-on-wednesday-conversion.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love retellings, and can't wait to read this one too! Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books with fairy tale elements. I just recently added Alias Hook after reading your review and this looks just as promising. Nice pick.
    What we are waiting and wishing for...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, this one sounds so good! It's on my TBR for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fairy-tale retellings and this one sounds amazing. I hope you love all your new books.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cover is really awesome! I'll have to put this on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love retellings and this one sounds really interesting. It's the first time I hear about it and it's now on my TBR list! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited for this one, I love a unique story retelling!

    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait until Stitching Snow either, it sounds a lot like Cinder :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams