The warmer weather has finally hit home! And school is almost out!
I'm looking forward to our schedule to being almost non-existent soon :)
More time to snooze, more time to play in the yard and garden, and of course, plenty of more time to read in the shade... or air conditioning ;) hee, hee!
In case you missed it - I have a new feature on my blog called Indie Mondays.
I'm hoping to highlight and bring attention to a few independent authors that I am interested in reading their books, but just don't have the eye-power and time to do so right now. Please take a peek, you might find a hidden treasure!
Also, if you live children's picture books, I'm going to be reviewing a lot more soon!
Our latest one is NINJA! by Arree Chung - so CUTE! You definitely have to check out his illustrations!
It's time to do my book haul for the week... my BEA recap and haul will be up tomorrow :)
- I BECOME SHADOW by Joe Shine (YA) from Soho Teen for Blog Tour/Review
What I purchased...
- SUMMER STATE OF MIND (signed PB) by Jen Calonita (YA)
- BETTER OFF FRIENDS (signed HB) by Elizabeth Eulberg (YA)
- SAILOR MOON, Pretty Guardian Volume #1 (manga) by Naoko Takeuchi
- FLY ON THE WALL: HOW ONE GIRL SAW EVERYTHING (HB) by E. Lockhart (YA)
- THE BOYFRIEND LIST (Ruby Oliver #1) (HB) by E. Lockhart (YA)
- THE TREASURE MAP OF BOYS (Ruby Oliver #3) (HB) by E. Lockhart (YA)
- REAL LIVE BOYS (Ruby Oliver #4) (HB) by E. Lockhart (YA)
What my sister 'unhauled' to me...
- RUBY RED (Precious Stone Trilogy #1) (PB) by Kerstin Gier (YA)
- SAPPHIRE BLUE (Precious Stone Trilogy #2) (HB) by Kerstin Gier (YA)
- FRAGILE ETERNITY (Wicked Lovely #3) (HB) by Melissa Marr (YA)
- RADIANT SHADOWS (Wicked Lovely #4) (HB) by Melissa Marr (YA)
- HOURGLASS (Evernight #3) (HB) by Claudia Gray (YA)
- AFTERLIFE (Evernight #4) (HB) by Claudia Gray (YA)
- THE ALCHEMYST (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) (PB) by Michael Scott (MG)
What I'm currently reading...
- I BECOME SHADOW by Joe Shine (YA)
What is currently distracting me from reading...
- Went to a book club signing at a somewhat local library and got to see these lovely contemporary ladies :)
|Jennifer E. Smith, Kieran Scott, Susane Colasanti, Elizabeth Eulberg & Jen Calonita.|
- Organized bookshelves and un-Hauled some books!
- Baby boy is really enjoying giving me some mini-heart-attacks lately - Trying to crawl off the bed, knocking lamps over, sitting up... oi! He's done more than his two older brothers ever did at this age!
He's 7 months old today!
What have you all been up to this week???
Hook me up with some links!!! I need to see :)
Thanks for stopping by today!!!