"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #86: ALIAS HOOK by Lisa Jensen (A)


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 


This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)


What I'm waiting on...

by Lisa Jensen
Expected release date: July 8th, 2014
Published by: Thomas Dunne Books (Macmillan)
Genre: Adult - Fairytale
Format: Hardcover, eBook

SUMMARY

"Every child knows how the story ends. The wicked pirate captain is flung overboard, caught in the jaws of the monster crocodile who drags him down to a watery grave. But it was not yet my time to die. It's my fate to be trapped here forever, in a nightmare of childhood fancy, with that infernal, eternal boy."
Meet Captain James Benjamin Hook, a witty, educated Restoration-era privateer cursed to play villain to a pack of malicious little boys in a pointless war that never ends. But everything changes when Stella Parrish, a forbidden grown woman, dreams her way to the Neverland in defiance of Pan’s rules. From the glamour of the Fairy Revels, to the secret ceremonies of the First Tribes, to the mysterious underwater temple beneath the Mermaid Lagoon, the magical forces of the Neverland open up for Stella as they never have for Hook. And in the pirate captain himself, she begins to see someone far more complex than the storybook villain. 

With Stella’s knowledge of folk and fairy tales, she might be Hook’s last chance for redemption and release if they can break his curse before Pan and his warrior boys hunt her down and drag Hook back to their neverending game. 

Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen is a beautifully and romantically written adult fairy tale.


Why I'm waiting on ALIAS HOOK...

It's HOOK!!! PETER PAN!!!

It's an ADULT fairytale!!!

I've never read an adult fairytale before... definitely nothing like this!!!

A huge thank you to Kristen of My Friend's Are Fiction for tweeting about this a few days ago!


What are you waiting for this week???

6 comments:

  1. I saw this the other day and it looks fabulous! I haven't read too many re-tellings, but I read Rose Daughter (a beauty and the beast retelling) by Robin McKinley and found myself loving it. This sounds like it could be really good. What a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the angle to this twist/ expansion of Peter Pan. I am adding it to my TBR right now! Fabulous. Thank you for sharing.
    Our Waiting and Wishing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE retellings and I've been reading a few too many fairytales. I'm definitely putting this on the wishlist along with Tiger Lily and Crane, it sounds brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait for this book! Retellings of fairy tales, especially from a villain's PoV, are so fantastic! Great pick! :)

    Check out my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one is new to me, but it sounds amazing! Adding this to my TBR for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams