"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Sunday, June 1, 2014

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales Updates and May Book Haul (#64)


I cannot believe that it is the first day of June!!!

Do you like my blog's new look???
I am in love! What do you think???
The wonderful Lori of Imagination Designs did it again :) 
She's brilliant and so amazign to work with!


For review...
MY BEST FRIEND, MAYBE (ARC) by Caela Carter (YA) from Bloomsbury Teens for review
- UNCLE JOHN'S BATHROOM READER FOR KIDS! (HB) for Kismet Book Tours
From MacTeen...
TRIAL BY FIRE (The Worldwalker Trilogy #1) (ARC) by Josephine Angelini (YA)
- ADRENALINE CRUSH (ARC) by Laurie Boyle Crompton (YA)
- JESSIE ELLIOT IS A BIG CHICKEN (HB) by Elise Gravel (MG)
- PINOCCHIO (ARC) by Kate McMullan (MG)
- IF YOU WERE A DOG (ARC) by Jamie A. Swenson (C)
- TEN RULES OF BEING A SUPERHERO (ARC) by Deb Pilutti (C)
- LITTLE ELLIOT BIG CITY (ARC) by Mike Curato (C)
- FRANKENSTEIN'S FRIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS (ARC) by Ludworst Bemonster (C)

What I purchased...
- DANGEROUS CREATURES by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (YA)
- DREAMS OF GODS & MONSTERS (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #3) by Laini Taylor (YA)


Giveaway win...
From Regan @ Peruse Project/Simon & Schuster:
SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE (HB) by Morgan Matson (YA)
SECOND CHANCE SUMMER (PB) by Morgan Matson (YA)
AMY & ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR (PB) by Morgan Matson (YA)
From Goodreads/Harlequin:
SINCE YOU'VE BEEN GONE (ARC) by Anouska Knight (A) from Goodreads/Harlequin

Currently reading...
CITY OF LOST SOULS (The Mortal Instruments #5) by Cassandra Clare (YA)
- THE ART OF LAINEY by Paula Stokes (YA)
- PLAYED (Hooked #2) by Liz Fichera (YA)

What's distracting me from reading...
BEA!!!
My BEA recap and haul will be posted soon :)


 BOYS!!!
We went out to lunch recently!
And here's the baby trying to get in on some 3DS action, lol!


Thank you for stopping by today!!!

Please leave your links so I can visit you too :) 
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Great post! Love your videos :) BABY! I don't even like kids, but yours are pretty darn cute. The Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy is one of my absolute faves, so you should read it ASAP. It's SOO GOOD! Totally understand about undertaking big books though - it can be daunting when you're short on time.

    Love the blog makeover! It looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! These kids can be pretty darn cute when they want to be, lol!
      I can't wait to start this trilogy, I've heard epic things about it, now more than ever! Def need to make time soon :)
      And Lori did an amazing job with my blogs redesign, I am so happy with it!
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting too!!!

      Delete
  2. I really like the new look. My only complaint is that the small yellow font hurts my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alyn! I am working with the designer now to see if we can either make the font larger or a different color. You're not the only one to comment on it :)

      Delete
  3. LOVE the new bloggy look! Beautiful! Just bought the last Mortal Instruments book. Had I known how ginormous it was, I would've bought the digital version to make reading while nursing easier lol, but I love that it will be a long while for me before the story ends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl!
      And I've seen the book, it's HUGE!!! I'm not ready for it to end yet!!! Plus, my whole series is in paperback, and I'm not sure if I want to buy the book yet, because it won't match, lol! But I don't know if I can wait that long for a paperback copy! Ahhhh!!!... I hope you enjoy it to the max! xo

      Delete
  4. Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome that you got to go to BEA! I've heard that it's such a fun experience. I'm hoping to buy and read a copy of Since You Been Gone soon, I've heard really great things about it and it seems like such a fantastic summer read. I hope you enjoy your books. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams