"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday #52: BETWEEN THE LIVES by Jessica Shirvington


"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly meme hosted by  Breaking the Spine. 
This is were we get to 'spotlight' books that we are anxiously waiting to be released! The ones that we are dying to get our hands on and read into the wee hours of the night and, quite possibly, to make our shelves look all pretty too :)


What I'm waiting on... 

Between the Lives
by Jessica Shirvington
Expected release date: May 2013
Published by: HarperCollins
Genre: Young Adult 

SUMMARY

Above all else, though I try not to think about it, I know which life I prefer. And every night when I Cinderella myself from one life to the next a very small, but definite, piece of me dies. The hardest part is that nothing about my situation has ever changed. 
There is no loophole.

Until now, that is... 


For as long as she can remember, Sabine has lived two lives. Every 24 hours she Shifts to her 'other' life - a life where she is exactly the same, but absolutely everything else is different: different family, different friends, different social expectations. In one life she has a sister, in the other she does not. In one life she's a straight-A student with the perfect boyfriend, in the other she's considered a reckless delinquent. Nothing about her situation has ever changed, until the day when she discovers a glitch: 

the arm she breaks in one life is perfectly fine in the other. 
With this new knowledge, Sabine begins a series of increasingly risky experiments which bring her dangerously close to the life she's always wanted...
But just what - and who - is she really risking?


Why I'm waiting on BETWEEN THE LIVES...

It's Jessica Shirvington! I LOVE her Embrace Series (aka The Violet Eden Chapters) -
I would pick this up just because it's one of my favorite authors!

Can you imagine living a double-life every other day?
It sounds exhausting!

Can't wait to read this one!!!


What are you waiting for this week???

8 comments:

  1. This one sound soooo awesome!!! Need to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike!! ;) Sooo excited for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, have not seen this but it sounds pretty cool.

    ~Ali
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this sounds really interesting! Just added it to my TBR list. :) Great pick!

    My WoW: http://dragongirl28.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-towering.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOoh! I haven't read the Embrace series, even though I have them. This series looks really good too!
    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear this is a really good author so maybe i'll give her a try. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams