"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Saturday, March 24, 2012

In My Mailbox #12



"In My Mailbox" is a weekly meme created by 
The idea is to post whatever 'books' you may have received from the week (before), whether you purchased them, gifted to you, borrowed, traded, etc.


Well, remember for the last few weeks I've been saying that I don't want to buy any more books because I have so many already! and I really want to read most of them before I get any more... sigh... but my shelves look so bare, and there were some super cheap prices at Best Bargain Books, and our tax refund came in, and... well, you know... !!! So it ended up being a pretty awesome week :)

Here's what I got:
 Shiver and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater 


 Ghostgirl by Tonya Hurley (paperback)
I am head-over-heels for this book! The girly pink/black theme, the shape of the book - it's rectangular!!! the illustrations and style - the whole story just captured my heart right on the spot! I cannot wait to finish this and try to track down the rest of the series! If you see them anywhere at a really good price, please let me know!  

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments Series #3 - paperback) 
by Cassandra Clare


Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2 - hardcover) 
also by Cassandra Clare
Funny story about this one - I meant to buy the first book and accidently bought the 2nd book, oops! So much for trying to start the series soon, lol! At least I'm prepared to continue with the series, right?! and should probably continue with The Mortal Instruments first... 

AND, lastly, the first book that I ever bought through The Book Depository came in this week :)  
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (hardcover)


*Books I received for Review
Pretty Amy by Lisa Burstein (ebook) and 
Kevin's Point of View by Del Shannon (Middle-grade/paperback)  


And, lastly, but certainly not least - what my boys got this week :)
For my 5yo, the new Splat the Cat book, Secret Agent Splat by Rob Scotton.


And for my 8yo, Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney - which he finished in 3 days!!! 
They love hardcover books just as much, if not more, than I do, lol! 


Thanks for stopping by this week!!!

What did you get in your mailbox this week??? 
Don't forget to leave a link ;)

29 comments:

  1. I love some of those books! Anna is awesome!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and the French Kiss! This books makes me so happy I want to randomly walk around hugging people and giving them a copy, lol. And I love, love, LOVE Splat! Glad your boys enjoyed their books, and hope you love all of yours as well!

    Michelle
    RRHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna and the French Kiss is honestly one of my favorites!!! I really hope you enjoy it! And I love Cassandra Clare! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great IMM. My daughter LOVES the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series. She has them all.
    Hope you enjoy all your great reads this week!

    Mary
    Thanks for stopping by my IMM this week. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great mailbox! Enjoy Anna and The French Kiss :)

    The Muggle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Lots of good books. I really enjoyed Shiver and Linger. I've only read the first book in the Mortal Instruments series, and I've heard such great things about Clare, I really want to get to them, but I can't seem to....

    Thanks for stopping by and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set! Yay for Anna! Love the Shiver books too.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for Anna, Lola is even better! :)
    My 8 year old loves Diary of a Wimpy Kid! He loves Captain Underpants even more though ;P LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great IMM! I loved the Ghost Girl series, it was so fun and cute! Plus the covers are just the bees knees! Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favorite books :) I hope you enjoy it!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have Anna on my Kobo, but I love the finished copy with the jagged edges! :) I keep seeing the covers of Shiver/Linger everywhere and still need to read it.. very eye catching.. Ghostgirl's got a super cute cover! :)

    Thanks for stopping by :D

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY ANNA!! I hope you enjoy it so much! <3 One of my favorites. ALSO SHIVER AND LINGER HOORAY! Favorite. Trilogy. Ever. Forever should come out in paperback this summer, so you don't have a long wait! ;)

    enjoy them all!

    my IMM.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome IMM! I can't believe you accidentally bought the wrong Infernal Devices book. That's hilarious! :D

    I hope you enjoy that series! i love it more than The Mortal Instruments so I'm hoping you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay. I love seeing Anna show up in IMM's I love that book. :D Same with Lola. Really hope you enjoy Anna, and all the other books you got this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I am so jealous of your hardcopy of Anna! I got the paperback and now I have to wait for Lola to come out in paperback to complete the set... You are so lucky! Great mailbox this week!

    Thank you for stopping by my IMM!

    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh awesome haul! I loved both the Shiver and MI series!! <3

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, just popping in... Nice!

    I love, love, love City of Glass. Enjoy your reading!

    I'm also your newest follower!

    Here is my blog to check out:
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  18. You know I'm doing the happy dance for you over seeing CoG and CP right!?! I mean, these books are AWESOME!! So is Anna and the French Kiss and Maggie's books. I love them! What a fabulous IMM! Enjoy your goodies and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You know I'm doing the happy dance for you over seeing CoG and CP right!?! I mean, these books are AWESOME!! So is Anna and the French Kiss and Maggie's books. I love them! What a fabulous IMM! Enjoy your goodies and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Be right back, I am having a little fangirling moment. *runs away to scream from epicness, then runs back*

    Okay, I would be lying if I said I am not jealous :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really need to get The Clockwork Prince and I cannot wait until City of Lost Souls come out! Cassandra Clare is one of my favorite authors.

    Caleb (my 8 year old) also love that Diary of a Wimpy Kid!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahaha I've been trying to keep myself from buying books as well. But it's sooo hard isn't it! You were actually very restrained with your tax income. hehe Good job!!! And I hope you enjoy all your books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great mailbox! I know what you mean about breaking "no book buying" rules. I did it this week too. Oops. Great books though! Enjoy!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome haul this week, Margie! I really want to read Pretty Amy, the cover is really beautiful! I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss but everyone seems to love it so much, so I hope it's going to be an awesome read! Shiver is amazing read too! <3

    Happy reading for you and your boys! I really enjoyed Diary of a Wimpy Kid! x)

    ReplyDelete
  25. YAY for Anna and the French Kiss! SO, so good!

    Thank you so much for your comment on my IMM. I hope you have a great week and happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. You got really awesome books this week. I love that you got Anna and the French Kiss, City of Glass, as well as Shiver/Linger. Those are some of my favs. Happy Reading!

    JJ iReads
    Check out what I got In My Mailbox this week

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams