"To find out what a story's really about,' the Librarian said,

'you don't ask the writer. You ask the reader."


- SNOW & ROSE by Emily Winfield Martin


Tuesday, May 1, 2018

My APRIL Book Haul, Wrap-Up, and MAY TBR (2018)


Hello, friends!!! 

Is it just me or was April just a really, really weird month? 
All the snow! It was so cold! And being that we were forced to stay in longer than usual because of the odd seasonal weather, I feel like I got nothing done - and no reading, writing or reviewing either, ugh! Adulting is so hard when you have so many responsibilities... 

But! I've decided to start fresh for May - I'm letting go of my old to-do lists and starting new and moving on! Now that spring has finally sprung there is a lot of prep work to be done around the house, for my kiddos and their end-of-the-year activities, projects I'm currently working on; and I'm hoping to revamp my Instagram and blog! And I'd like to also start getting myself ready for Book Expo, yay! I've been to BEA before - 3 times - but I only take the train in for one day which has always worked out for me. It's been 3 years since the last time and I'm a bit nervous for this year. But at least I have an idea as to what to expect and how to prepare.

Will you be going to Book Expo and/or Book Con this year???  

Now, let's talk about all the BOOKS I did get in April!!!


*My APRIL Book Haul*



*REVIEW BOOKS:
- THE CHANGELING by Joy Williams (A/Anniversary Edition HB) from Tin House Books 
- LITTLE WHITE LIES by Jennifer Lynn Barnes (YA/ARC) from Disney Books 
- GRACE AND FURY by Tracy Banghart (YA/ARC) from Little, Brown 
- WHAT I LEAVE BEHIND by Alison McGhee (YA/HB) from Simon and Schuster 
- ALL SUMMER LONG by Hope Larson (YA/PB Graphic Novel) from First Second/Macmillan 
- LOVE SONGS AND OTHER LIES by Jessica A. Pennington (YA/HB) from Tor Teen 
- LIKE NEVER AND ALWAYS by Aguirre (YA/ARC) from Tor Teen 
- SPIES, LIES, AND ALLIES by Lisa Brown Roberts (YA/PB) from Entangled Teen 
- SUMMER BRAIN QUEST: Between Grades Pre-K and K by Bridget Heos (C/PB) from Workman Publishing 
- BOYING UP: HOW TO BE BRAVE, BOLD AND BRILLIANT by Mayim Bialik (A/HB) from Penguin Books 

*BOOKS I RECEIVED FROM GIVEAWAYS OR AS GIFTS OR THROUGH A TRADE

- THE SUMMER OF BROKEN THINGS by Margaret Peterson Haddix (YA/ARC) 
- THE STONE GIRL'S STORY by Sarah Beth Durst (MG/ARC) 
- DEAR READER by Mary O'Connell (YA/ARC) 
- WINK POPPY MIDNIGHT by April Genevieve Tucholke (YA/ARC) 


*BOOKS I PURCHASED
- MERMAIDS: The Myths, Legends, and Lore by Skye Alexander (A/HB) 
CRAFT A LIFE YOU LOVE: Infusing Creativity, Fun, and Intention Into Your Everyday by Amy Tangerine (A/PB) 
- SING, UNBURIED, SING by Jesmyn Ward (A/Book of the Month HB) 
- ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND by Lewis Carrol (Classic/The Folio Societ HB)
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND by Lewis Carroll (Classic/Norton Critical Editon PB) 

My APRIL BOOK OF THE MONTH Picks:
- CIRCE by Madeline Miller (A/HB) 
- ELEANOR OLIPHANT IS COMPLETELY FINE by Gail Honeyman (A/HB) 
- TOP TEN by Katie Cotugno (YA/HB) 


*What I read in APRIL*


- RISEN (Blood Eternal #1) by Cole Gibsen (YA/eARC) - 2 stars 
- CHARLIE AND FROG (A Castle-on-the-Hudson Mystery) by Karen Kane (MG/HB) - 4 stars 
- A FRIENDLY TOWN THAT'S ALMOST ALWAYS BY THE OCEAN! (Secrets of TopSea) by Kir Fox and M. Shelley Coats (MG/HB) - 4 stars 
- TOKOYO, THE SAMURAI'S DAUGHTER by Faith L. Justice (MG/ARC) - 4 stars 
- ASH PRINCESS by Laura Sebastian (YA/ARC) - 3 stars 
- BE PREPARED by Vera Brosgol (MG/Graphic Novel PB) - 5 stars 
- THE BOXCAR CHILDREN by Gertrude Chandler Warner(C/HB) - 


*My MAY TBR*


First, I hope to finish reading
- CRAFT A LIFE YOU LOVE by Amy Tangerine (A/PB) 
- AIRPORTS, EXES, AND OTHER THINGS I'M OVER by Shani Petroff (YA/ARC)

And then, I hope I have enough time to read all of these
- A COURT OF FROST AND STARLIGHT (A Court of Thorns and Roses #3.5) by Sarah J. Maas (YA/HB pre-order) 
- THE WICKED DEEP by Shea Ernshaw (YA/HB) 
- BRING ME THEIR HEARTS by Sara Wolf (YA/ARC) 
- SWEET BLACK WAVES by Kristina Perez (YA/ARC) 
- BOYING UP: HOW TO BE BRAVE, BOLD AND BRILLIANT by Mayim Bialik (A/HB)
- HOW WE ROLL by Natasha Friend (YA/ARC) 
- THE GAME CAN'T LOVE YOU BACK by Karole Cozzo (YA/ARC) 
- BRIGHTLY BURNING by Alexa Donne (YA/ARC) 
- LUMBERJANES: UNICORN POWER! by Mariko Tamaki (MG/HB) 
- RUNNY BABBIT RETURNS: Another Billy Sook by Shel Silverstein (C/HB)


Please let me know in the comments what you're reading... 
and leave your blog or book haul links too - I'd love to visit and see what you all have been up to!


ALSO!!!


I am currently a rep for BOOK KEEPER!!!

Do you need to protect your books, kindle/nook, journal/notebook, etc. when out and about? Then you should definitely check out BOOK KEEPER's 

Don't forget to use code BUMBLE10 to save some money ;) 


Many pretty prints and fabrics to choose from AND you can choose if you'd like a snap button to be added on for extra protection so your book doesn't slip out ;) 


Let me know what you've been up to - what you're reading - how you protect books!!!

Happy reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow you had a great month. I have The Wicked Deep on my wishlist for now! You got a good bit done in April!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/05/april-wrap-up-post.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment today!
If you are asking a question and you are a no-reply commenter,
please email me directly at thebumblegirl at rocketmail dot com or leave your email in the comments...
Thank you! and, as always, happy reading :)

 
Imagination Designs
Images by LabyrinthofDreams